I love a good salad – the less lettuce the better. Here is a great crowd pleaser. Sassy with a kick of cayenne with a sweet cowgirl finish. This salad is great for a light lunch, a protein and fiber loaded side dish, or a potluck hit.
I love a recipe with a beautiful start.
And I love creating salads because they can be easily and deliciously personalized (aka: dump whatever’s in your fridge in them).
For this dish I started with precooked quinoa. Added tomatoes, parsley (which I thought was cilantro! ha!), sweet potato, black beans, corn, and a lime vinaigrette. If you are short on time a squeeze of lime and olive oil or a spoonful of salsa would finish the dish well.
I can’t wait for you to enjoy this delicious combo.
The Sassy Sally: Southwest Quinoa Salad
- 1C Precooked Quinoa
- 1/4C Tomoatoes
- 2T Cilantro (optional)
- 1/2C Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 1/4C Black Beans
- 1/4C Corn
- Lime Vinaigrette
- 1/2 Juice from Lime
- Dash (or two) of Cayenne to taste
- Dash (or two) of Chilli Powder
- 1/4t Garlic Powder
- 1t olive oil
- A squeeze of honey to taste*
- *The sweet potato adds plenty of sweet so shoot for tangy over sweet.
- Make lime vinaigrette by whisking all ingredients together until lime and oil are combined.
- Add all salad ingredients to bowl, mix together, top with vinaigrette, gently mix until combined.
Worthy Fitness http://aworthyjourney.org/